Monday, June 9, 2014

5th week in Argentina!

The past week has been a relaxing one! I went on my first mini-vacation to Argentina's mountainous wine capital Mendoza towards the middle of the week. The first day we arrived we went biking in Mendoza's countryside and toured the multiple wineries and vineyards. Basically the entire day consisted of biking, stopping, eating, drinking wine, and biking to another location. We also taste tested 4 different types of fine olive oil haha. Mendoza is absolutely famous for its wine and olive oil. The second day I went horseback riding through the Andes mountains. It was absolutely breathtaking. Unexpectedly, my horse went crazy and decided to sprint the last stretch of the path and I was nearly flung off of the horse, but I held onto the saddle for dear life (literally), and managed to stop it. After I made it back, I was greeted with more wine (of course), and an amazing Argentinean bbq. Argentina is famous for its beef and I couldn't think of a better combination than wine, beef, and bread in the middle of the Andes mountains. The last day my friend and I took off for a nice morning hike up the mountains. It took us nearly 4 hours in total in the blazing sun. The mountain was incredibly steep and unpaved...it took quite a toll on my body as I had only had 4 hours of sleep the night before and had been doing an abundance of physical activities every day. But needless to say, the view from up top was absolutely worth the struggle. It was a breathtaking panoramic view overlooking the mountains, the cities, and the clouds. Overall it was an amazing week, but now I'm back to work! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment