Monday, June 2, 2014

First Weeks at Rebecca Minkoff

After beginning my internship with the fashion designer Rebecca Minkoff, I have already learned so much and can easily tell that this is going to be a great experience for me. I am interning for the jewelry sales manager who has been helpful and encouraging since I began. I was not incredibly busy the first two days and wasn’t sure if that was how it was going to be the majority of the summer. However, after working the next few days that followed I learned that was not the case at all. I was extremely busy with tasks that were important and not just busy work. Everything I was assigned was fashion related, specifically to my position as a jewelry sales intern. This was a welcomed change from my internship last summer where many days I had no interaction with fashion and was more of a personal assistant. I enjoy being busier because it makes me feel valued and useful at this company and the day goes by very fast. Everyone in the office is typically very busy and hardworking, but were still nice and welcoming towards me. The dress code in the office is pretty casual. Rather than dressing professional or business casual, people wear more fashionable outfits. I enjoy being able to dress up but in my own style and taste as opposed to more conservative attire. All in all I really like my internship so far and am looking forward to what else is coming! 

5 comments:

  1. This sounds like an awesome opportunity! What exactly do you do day to day? Do you interact with purchasers or designers? etc...
    Also the dress code sounds so casual and awesome! Best of luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working at Rebecca Minkoff sounds amazing so far. It is nice to be in an office where everyone is welcoming and treats you equally, I feel the same about my office. I am jealous that you get to wear whatever you like, I am unfortunately only allowed to wear black. Good luck with the rest of your internship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Diana and Rachel said above, it sounds like such a great internship and I'm glad you are so comfortable there so soon. Do you feel like up to this point you have somewhat of a routine, or do they throw different tasks at you every day. For me, it is something different every day, and like you, some days are slower than others. Also, that is so great that you can dress in a more fashionable outfit and incorporate your personal style. Best of luck Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your internship reminds me of my internship last summer for Oscar de la Renta. I noticed that people around the office could dress in their own fashionable style, which allowed everybody's true personality types shine through. I agree that it is very rewarding when interns are given work that is valuable for the company, so I hope they keep you busy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your internship sounds amazing! What kind of tasks are you doing each day?

    ReplyDelete