Sunday, June 1, 2014

First Week at Sony Music

My first week
      I began interning for Sony Music Entertainment this past Tuesday. Specifically I am interning for RCA Records Marketing Department. It is a wonderful place to work, with a relaxed environment and extremely patient and helpful employees to guide me through the process. The main person who has been helping me is an employee named John whose last name I do not feel comfortable disclosing. We get along extremely well, which has made the learning process much smoother. While I get along with the people quite well and marvel at the luxuries of the building in which I work, I can't say that I am satisfied with the type of work I have been receiving. It is typical intern work, listening to voicemails, filing paperwork, etc. While I am not complaining because I am lucky that they selected me for the internship in the first place, it would be quite nice to have an intellectually stimulating experience. John says that there will be interesting work in the future, so I remain optimistic. However, working from 10-6:30 and doing solely busywork is rather deflating, so I hope the workload changes soon. However until that point I must continue learning and becoming a more efficient and independent worker. I am excited for what next week brings!

3 comments:

  1. Wow Zach this sounds awesome nonetheless RCA is huge!
    How did u get involved and where exactly is the building?
    I'm sure you will be granted some opportunities to do something creatively stimulating. Keep at it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zach,

    Although your work sounds like the typical intern job as you mentioned, your opportunity you have at Sony sounds incredible! I hope in your future blogs you are able to obtain more ability to learn more about Sony Music and get a chance to actually get involved! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your internship sounds so exciting! Although you are doing busywork, it must be cool to be able to see the daily routine of employees at Sony!

    ReplyDelete